The Stann Creek District Education Centre is entrusted with the task of providing quality educational services in an effective and efficient manner, and engaging all stakeholders in the implementation of programs that focuses on the needs of the schools and students.
The vision of the Stann Creek District Education Centre is to address the needs of the educational community at all levels through the provision of superior educational services that impact the quality of life of our key stakeholders, the students, in the district.
To always keep in mind the interests of the students, as quality educational services are delivered competently and skilfully.
The Stann Creek District Education Centre is tasked with the following:
- Supervision and monitoring of schools in the district at least once every three years.
- Ensuring the implementation of the National Curriculum for all subjects.
- Conducting frequent spot checks and providing support to schools where necessary.
- Planning and facilitating workshops for the professional development of teachers and principals.
- Engaging the Managing Authorities and other stakeholders through regular sessions.
- Serving as the liaison between the Ministry of Education, and the schools in the district.
- Monitoring the transportation system to ensure the safety of students and teachers.
- Overseeing the delivery and maintenance of text book to primary schools.
- Liaising with organizations and entities interested in developing or running specific educational programs in communities.
- Identifying and supporting students with special needs.
- Visiting and monitoring schools to actively address absenteeism and dropouts.
- Serving on the Board of Governors of secondary and tertiary institutions in the districts.
- Facilitating the teachers’ licensing application process.
- Overseeing the integrity of the BJAT, PSE, CSEC and CAPE exams.
- Organizing or providing support for activities such as the Festival of Arts, General Quiz competition, Nutrition Quiz contest, Coca Cola Spelling Bee and Reading Competition.
The Stann Creek District Education Centre is located next to the cool and refreshing Caribbean Sea in Dangriga Town.